Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday reading day








I have always wanted to adopt. I always knew that it was, in a way, beautiful. Once my husband and I were married and decided to start a family, it became clear that it would not come easily. After two years of trying the old fashion way, we were happy to pursue adoption. As it turned out, that was the exact time that we actually became pregnant.

Anyway, I bought the above book along with many others once we had made the decision to adopt. I only picked it up this week to sell online. Since I have started this memoir journey I decided to open it. Maybe I don't know as much as I thought about adoptees. Besides, I have only met a few. While reading this book, I can not believe how much of it relates to me and my feelings growing up. How validating it is to know you are NOT suffering from horrible mental illness that no one understands... They are all normal adoptee feelings.


I wish I had read this book when I was about 12 years old! It would have saved me years of shame and confusion.

I recommend this read to anyone especially counselors, social workers, adopters and adoptees!!!!!!







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment