Thursday, April 3, 2014

Second day











I'm sitting here, out on my deck with my one eyed puppy and four chickens pecking around the back yard. It is only the first warm weather days of Spring. We had a difficult winter. It has been cold and we have had a lot of snow. The windows are open and I hear my kids arguing in the kitchen behind me. Every so often my baby girl, who is now almost 4 years old, runs outside to push her baby in a shopping cart right through the wet grass.

Baby girl got into my old pictures earlier today and we came up with this gem above. My sister and me. I sent it to my siblings and father. I know they will like it. I remember my father taking it during a summer vacation in Maine. The physical differences are so obvious to me. It's a sweet picture.

It is my second day of writing. I have thought about it for years and finally feel able to start work on my memoir. I can produce a memoir that is a vivid look at my emotions and feelings through it all but most of all my growth and healing. I feel completely naked and fight the urge to cover up.

I hope that people can see that they are stronger than they believe. I hope that they take risks. I promise to be honest and open. This will be my journal during the process. I will share it with you and how it feels to go back to it all.

Knowing that sometimes, the only way to have peace is to know all the "Pieces".



Please forgive the typos and shortness.. Written on iPhone.




No comments:

Post a Comment