Friday, April 4, 2014

With abandon

It is hard to concentrate with a 3 yr old home with you all day. I find myself writing and then taking a break to read some memoir books. It is exhausting. Maybe that is why I am procrastinating and I continue to lay here in the bed with Pirate Pup.

The other day at the library, when I went to get some 'how to write a memoir' books, I met a kind older lady. She overheard me talking with the info desk. She wanted to know if I was writing a memoir. I couldn't believe I had a hard time saying yes. But I did, I did say, "yes, well at least I am going to try". She was also thinking about writing a memoir. We got each others info and I really hope she emails me! Maybe I will email her. I feel like I have no idea what I am doing.

But I am having fun doing it.

I told a friend yesterday that I had started to write on my own. She instantly knew what I was talking about. She was a friend, who last year, told me that she would help write my memoir and then couldn't . She told me to "write with abandon" I had no idea what she was talking about. (I know, right? I am trying to write a memoir and I don't even know what abandon means- laughable).

But I looked it up and it said that "writing with abandon was writing with your heart". This is exactly what I am doing. I suck at spelling and grammar and I don't have a wonderful vocabulary, but darn-it, I can write from my heart.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment