Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spring Wind

The windows are all open. The wind is blowing in the house. I love the smell of Spring, the sounds of the birds, the yellow forsythias coming up. I am sitting here listening to John Mayer and writing. I have never liked opening my old journals, but, I do now. I am actually going forward with them now instead of living in the past. It feels so good, to be where I am now, and looking back at my journey with a smile. It took over a decade for me to be able to do that.. But I am here and it feels darn good. I open my journal from 1999, during the beginning of my search for my biological mother. There is a certain smell to the old journal. A good smell. The smell take me right back to November 1999. The anticipation, the anxiety, the doubt. I am so proud of that girl for not giving up. I am so proud of her for doing what she set out to do:)

No comments:

Post a Comment